Extra: The Girl Who Fell in Love Since the Beginning


This is the last chapter from the first volume. Enjoy!


*****

Fuwa Aya sitting on her chair while focusing her gaze on a certain direction.

"Morning!"
A girl is entering the class while saying her morning greetings.

Her name is Sakakibara Marika, this class' famous student.

She has a bright hair with a cheerful smiles. Wherever she goes, she lets out a brilliant aura with an easy to recognize voice so she's really stand out. Her outer appearance is dazzling, but she also has a kind personality. She always paid attention to her surroundings and give a hand to those in needs. With those qualities, everyone is bound to get attached to her.

Just by her presence, the class' atmosphere will become soft and enjoyable. It also applied during her walk toward school, she always surrounded by a lot of friends. She's really shining as main protagonist while bathing in the sea of spotlight.

(Today, Sakakibara-san looks cute as always)

Aya sighs when she remembers that Marika's existence is just like a dream. Her hand will never reach the protagonist who is standing at the stage.

Sakakibara Marika is someone who lived in a different world.

She is an attractive girl. For a few times Aya thought that it would be nice if she can get along and talk normally with her. On a certain days when she somehow get turned on, she thought to somehow coaxing Marika to get her sleep with her.

(Ever since I got infatuated with Sakakibara-san, I sure no longer have any interest in doing that stuff with other girls)


But after she went a lot of up-and-down in her life, Aya decided to just looking at Marika from afar, it's plenty for her.

(I'm really glad we are in the same class)

Aya really cherishes this small happiness of hers.


"Girl going out with another girl? That can't be"

Hearing Marika's voice saying something like that, Aya feels like her heart went cold. It's just as if her shallow thoughts are being answered in a very brutal way.

Of course, it's not weird if she's a person from that side. We are destined to never crossing path with each other.

(....But, well, that's a given)

She decided to bury her feelings that hidden deep inside her chest into a more deeper hole. Marika is a cute and pure girl, it won't do if Aya dragged her into Aya's world. Since Aya started working in the bar, she started to get better at controlling herself.

(Well then, let's study)

Let's just avoid this feeling for now and focus on today's lesson preparations. Aya is preparing her studying material while using Marika's voice as her BGM. But then...

"That's not it! The creepy old-man manager just keep harassing me sexually so I got fed up with him and decided to quit!"

That statement from Marika packed quite a punch for Aya that she almost crushed her pencil case.

(Sakakibara-san was sexually harassed...?)

When Aya imagined a scene where pervert middle-aged man is enjoying Marika's body with his hands, she went pale.

Aya can easily picturing Marika's efforts and time to polished herself and make sure she managed to emphasize her cuteness.

Aya can feel that her blood is boiling when she realized that filthy man was trampling on a girl's praiseworthy efforts.

(I think a legal treatment can be done here)

But, no matter how pissed Aya was, it won't change anything if Marika doesn't wish for it. If Aya ended up doing something, it would only fulfilled her own ego. Aya just wanted to appeal Marika by showing her good sides after all.

In fact, Marika is talking about her sexual-harassment experience while laughing, Aya is wondering if she really doesn't care about the whole thing. She ended up labeling Marika as a tough girl and Aya getting more impressed by her bravery. If it was me, I would definitely broke a bone or two.

(....This is not good, I already resolved myself to behave during my high school years)

Aya shook her head and took a deep breath. She tried to calm herself.

(Anyway, Sakakibara-san sure had an extreme topics since earlier)

It doesn't mean her choice in making topics will lessened Marika's attractiveness in Aya's eyes, but deep down Aya really wanted her to lead a peaceful life. Considering Marika's personality, it would be better for her to went into an academy for rich-ladies rather than normal school like this.

(....As if. As I thought I was being too protective over her. Sakakibara-san might looks careless sometimes but she has a good insights)

Aya always become reckless whenever it was something related to Marika. At this rate she might getting reported someday because she stared at Marika too much. Aya already seen a lot of example through the experiences during her job at Shinjuku.

Aya once again let out a sigh deep inside her heart when Marika suddenly dropping a bomb.

"Really? I only need to do that much and I already had 10,000 in my hands? I was sexually harassed before and got nothing. But by doing this, I get sexually harassed for 10,000 yen of course this one sounds better"

Aya can heard her laughter, she really wanted to smack her head on the table right now.

What happened with having a good insights?!

While not saying anything, Aya decided to get up from her chair. Her sudden move might make her dizzy so she decided to hurry up and move her legs. 

After doubting for a moment, she decided to call her out.

"Hey"

After her shoulders twitched for a moment, Sakakibara Marika turned into Aya's direction with a very wonderful smile.

(....Even though it was just a joke, as if I can let her doing a compensated dating with strangers, it can't be)

Aya started to questioning Sakakibara Marika's insight, it might be not that great unlike what she imagined before. If that's really the case, Aya determined to protect her by her own.

Fuwa Aya's sense of duty are burning intensely.


***


For now, Aya succeed in making appointment after school with Marika. Aya is so lost about what she should do from now on during the class.

She tried to do a simulation for their conversation later.

First, the pattern where Aya just being honest and convey her feelings.

She really worried about Marika and she doesn't want to let her get caught in a dangerous situation. That's why she will stop her. If it's money that she wanted, Aya would gladly provide her with the financial support.

If Marika responded with [Why would you go that far for me?] with a dubious expressions filling her face.
Then.....her answer is.....
[Because, I'm in love with you?]
Aya whispered it inside her chest.

She looked at Marika from her chair, then she furrowed her eyebrow and rejecting the idea. It sounds fishy. Besides, Marika must be familiar with getting confessed by either boys or girls. Aya really doubt herself if she worthy enough to do that.
(※ Later it would revealed that this one is the correct choice, but right now, Aya doesn't dare to think doing this even inside her dreams)

On the first place, Aya can't imagine that Marika would willingly receive an easy money from her own classmate. Even though she's being really sincere in giving her money, the possibility of Marika getting repulsed by her action is still pretty high.

If she really want to do this, she need a proper motive so she won't getting suspicious. Not something easy, but something that would stand as a strong reasons.

(....That's right)

Aya remembered something, she quickly write it down on her notebook.

(If Sakakibara-san is really willing to sell her body, that's right....if the partner is me, she will faces nothing dangerous)

That's right. It would be totally safe and I have no reasons to worried. I will never do something that will harm her, it really is a good idea. That's right, I will buy her myself for 10,000 yen/day.

I will buy her...and then what should we do?

Make her clean my house? Washing my clothes? Or maybe....
.....Aya's hand has stopped.

(I will buy...Sakakibara-san)

The image of half-naked Marika getting wrapped in a cute ribbon floating inside Aya's head. That was...as expected, not good, right? It's just too appetizing.


(Right now what I have in my bank account is around....The way to make a girl fall for me...Uhhh....)

Fuwa Aya's brain is working at the high pace. It's a brain that she took a pride in for making her got first place in her grade. Planning...First phase, second phase, third phase......

When she snapped out from her own world, the note has filled with the detailed plan. The plan to make Sakakibara Marika thoroughly falling in love with her in 100 days. Actually, judging by the content it much more like a guide to make Sakakibara Marika drowned into the depth of pleasure.

(Somehow, I feel like I can do this)

As long as she had this, Aya confident that she could make every kind of girl become head over heels for her.

(But, Sakakibara-san is....)

Aya is hesitating and getting troubled.

Up until now, she's content by only looking at Marika from distance. If she directly involved herself, it will only rage her sense of immorality.

Just like coming into a hand-shaking event with her idol that she usually only can see through the television, Aya is being afraid.

(As I thought it would be better if I only warn her. The final decision depends on Sakakibara-san though)

When Aya almost erase her notes that filled with nonsense, the teacher has turned their body to call a student.

"Well then, for the next part, today's absent number is, Sakakibara-san"
"Yes"

Marika swiftly standing from her own chair after getting called by the teacher. She graciously standing while looking at the textbook, she's sparkling.

Right now is modern literature class, she read the content of the book with a precise intonation and then end her part with an accurate rhythm. 

"That's enough. You really did well, Sakakibara-san."
"Thank you"

Marika shake her hand while sits again. It looks like she had an eye contact with her friend and she make a peace sign to the friends. Looking at that, Aya unconsciously nodding to herself.

The well-liked Marika, a bright and cute girl. Marika whose living in the bask of light.

....She won't say that she was living her life like that, but during middle-school, Aya had quite a lot of friends. But now, she's being isolated from others. That's the thing they called being unfortunate. She suddenly getting attacked out of nowhere, without choosing the time, place, or even the role.

(....................)

She would never let that bright smile turned into a darkness, Aya doesn't desire that. She vows that she will never let it happen. 

Aya thinks of her plans once again, as expected she can't let things go into an uncertain direction.

She can't let this responsibility fall into other person, this is something she should do by her own hands. She should do this for Marika's sake, it can't be helped. Right. She's not doing this for her own interest, or her own pleasure, or her own feelings. Absolutely.


***


(I'm not being nervous. I'm not. It's the truth)

Soon after the bell rings, Aya hurriedly dashed off from the classroom. She has something she should do before she met Marika. While still wearing her uniform, she's heading straight to the bank.

She completed her withdrawal notes and waiting for her turn, it's for the sake to withdraw one million yen from her bank account. 

When the lady received her notes, the lady asked her for the reasons of the withdrawal. Aya already prepared her perfect answer to counter the lady's suspicions. Aya is still student after all, it's normal for the bank staff to make sure that she doesn't get involved in any fishy transaction.

"It's for my marriage funds"
"Eh? Uhmm...."
"I'll use this money as a down payment for my marriage ceremony site. I'm still 16 this year, but I'm planning to have ceremony next year. Is this okay?"

The lady is smiling. Along with the face of suspicions, she also looks a bit agitated hearing the reason. Aya took the envelope from her hand and bow her head as a sign of gratitude. She then left the bank and headed to the Cafe where they decided to meet up. 

Right now, even though she's bringing one million yen inside her bag, the fact that she would have a private talk with Marika after this worried her more. 

What will happen after this, is exactly just like what she planned. There's only one little unexpected things occurred where Aya had no idea that things would become like that.


***


"What is it...."
"Ah, nothing"

The talk has ended well and we are walking home together. For now, the one million yen is kept inside my bag. If I meet the same lady, it's not like I could say that the wedding are canceled, it's too painful to do. After a short thought, I decided to deposit my money via ATM.

We exited the Cafe and walking toward the station. Marika is walking beside me while keep looking vigilant and putting her guard up. She looks like walking with a kidnapper.

Well, that's a given. I just proposed something like 100 days battle out of nowhere, of course it lowered Marika's favorability of me. I'm good with that.

"Let's buy that bag tomorrow, it would act as something like an advance payment."

Aya looks happy. With this, she succeed on protecting Marika from dangers. She already achieved around 90% of her main goals.

After this is, she planned to touch her moderately and then let her off after their agreement ended.

Right. She only intended to do that much.

"This can't be, this is definitely can't be happened, this can't be....."

Aya is looking at Marika that keep repeating her words in an inaudible voice. She never thought that a protagonist that lived in a different world, someone that she would never crossed path with, is walking beside her right now with a distance that enough for Aya to observe her eyelashes' shape.

Her heart is beating faster. This is weird. I should've already understand about my role in her life and I can't let her get involved with me. But what if I make use of this chance...

"Marika"
"What"

My voice reached her. She responds to my words. She's even glaring at me.

My chest keep getting hotter. This feeling, is not something I took account before.

(If I managed to make her fall in love with me, she will stay with me even after our agreement has ended.....?)

Even though it's only limited to physical relationship, she doesn't mind. A girl that supposed to be a faraway existence and I already gave up to reach is here right now, spending the same moment with me.

At this moment, Aya can't fight the temptation. This moment is a miracle.

She stops walking, following after her, Marika also standing still.

"What do you want? Why are you looking at me....Stop persistently gazing at me would you"
"Is it?"
"Let me say this first, today I still haven't sold my body to anyone yet. The me right now is only mine, your ownership over me is starting tomorrow"

Hearing a statement that sounds like a challenge, Aya just stretched her arm toward Marika's direction. Marika is getting alarmed by her sudden movement, but like ignoring her reaction, Aya placed her palm on Marika's cheek and caress it gently. 

"Wha....What are you!?"
"..........."


Aya couldn't say anything. 

It's warm.

Her hand feels like melted when it touches that tender sensation.

This girl will become my possession starting tomorrow. For the 100 days, I can do anything I want to her. I'll convince her, and make her accept all of me.

(Something like that is)

Definitely impossible.

Someone who can stand this amount of pressure, there might be none other than a saint or wise-men.

"I'm starting to get fired up"
"Haa? That's totally my line though?"

But of course, Marika doesn't have any intention to lose here, it really easy to figure it out just by seeing her expressions. She smack off Aya's hand from her cheeks.

"I'll also say this, don't ever try to holding back, I really despise those kind of things"

Aya sees the eyes that full of determination. She is a person that fully believe with herself and her own future, it looks dazzling and beautiful.

Maybe if Aya didn't do anything, Marika will be okay. She doesn't need Aya's concern over her own circumstances. She could manage by her own power and make her own wish came true. Marika exude a huge amount of confident that makes Aya think that would be the case. She really resembles a sun.

"I get it"

Aya accept her condition and nods. Even if after 100 days she lost her money and Marika, she won't hold back on anything. Because right now, she's standing on the spot where Aya can reach her. 

"I won't holding back, I promise"
"What's with that? Were you planning to do that?"
"Just a bit. It's not fun if I win this too quickly"
"Annoying...."

Marika stomp on her feet and walking ahead leaving Aya behind. Aya gazes at that back and that gently flowing hairs.

Each time she opened her mouth, she only said offensive things. But that can't be helped because she's someone I bought with a money. I don't want to asked her smiling nicely whenever she's with me, because that's meaningless.

I don't want to get spoiled by her kindness, so I will properly placed myself as her "enemy", and so I need to act like one.

"This looks fun right, Marika"
"What is"
"Things that would happened starting tomorrow, and days after that"
"Huh, it must be nice having an upper hand"
"Well, I already splurged money for this. Also, I think you should be happy with this arrangement. This one is pretty good for a part-time job, don't you think?"
"That's true! The only problem here is you!"

Aya laughs at her answer.

"You can say anything you want for now, because soon, you will think that you no longer can live without me"

Even though I already determined to do this, being hated is really not fun. It's just that I have no leeway to choose this freely.

Actually, I always love you. These words are always hidden deep inside my chest. And with that, the 100 days battle to make her thoroughly fell for me physically has begun. Or so I thought.


***


Aya opened her eyes slowly, somehow she fell asleep.

Right now, her body is shaking along with the train's movement, she can feel a soft sensation from her cheeks. She slowly raise her head and heard a gentle laugh from her side.

"It's rare for you to doze off like that"
"Nnnn...."

Currently we are on our way back from the hot spring. Even though it's a weekday, considering it's summer break right now, the train is pretty crowded. It seems like I leaned my body to Marika and had a good nap since earlier.

Marika held back from yawning.

"Even though I was saying that, I only woke up just now"

I see. Today is the 100th day since that fateful day. 

"Marika, last night must be hard for you"
"Why are you saying that like it doesn't have anything to do with you...Who do you think responsible for that...."

She said her protest while showing her anger, but her eyes still radiate warmth just like a sun, and Aya is reflected on those eyes.

Aya laid her head on Marika's shoulder again.

"I like you, Marika"
"Eh, that's sudden. You want to get spoiled?"

Instead of caressing her cheek, she grip Marika's hand tightly. Her body really feels warm, and gentle.

"I really like you. I love you"
"T-that's....me too...."

After checking her surroundings, Marika who answered Aya's confession is a small voice is really lovely, she can't held back her overflowing love.

Aah, really. For us to come up until this point, this just like a dream.

Just like, a miracle.


"Hey, Marika."
Aya closed her eyes and whispering to her.

"I'm in love with you"
She strengthened her grip on Marika's hand.

"....E-even I....also....like you, Aya."



When our summer break ended, we will go back to our normal school days. We can't be this close with each other, but I'm still happy with that.



Because, our relationship that started with something physical, has changed into something deeper where our hearts are connected as one.


*****



Translator's Note

And that's it for the first volume!
I was lost about what to do with the extra 4-koma and bonus manga from the novel and was considering to use external link like imgur or gdrive or something but I ended up with just dump it on the next post.

I'll continue the second volume after I'm done with Watanare's first volume. It's a lot milder comparing to Arioto but it's a very enjoyable yuri comedy.

Thanks for reading!

Anyway, I'll say this again

AYA A SIMP


For more detailed info about the novel click here


<< Epilogue 2 || Bonus Manga >>

Comments

  1. Admits she only planned to fuck her into submission and that Marika actually falling in love as a side effect was more of a happy accident. Yeah, ok.

    Sorry Meatbun but, that's a no from me (the one complaining last time).

    Thanks for the translation anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might as well call this novel "How to train a girlfriend"

      Delete
    2. It's okay if you interpret their relationship that way because you might have a different point of view. The most important thing is whether you are able to enjoy the story or not, if not, well, I hope you can find something more enjoyable for you next time.
      Cheers.

      Delete
    3. This is just a personal opinion and it might runs contrary to your… nasty experience,
      But some people are naturally submissive. As long as the dominant hasn't gone too far or cross the line, they're actually okay with being controlled by their partner.

      Sorry to say it, but they do exists. And I think the author is trying to paint Marika as sub. Contrasting from her usual confident self and the way she seems to just go with the flow, author already explained that Marika actually have careful nature. Such trait can be found on both dom and sub, and I think Marika found solace as a sub for Aya because she finally have someone she can rely on, someone she can lean on, contrary to her usual self as the center point of her circle where everyone seems to rely on her.

      Delete
  2. As we thought. Besides making Marika fall for her, Aya made herself fall for Marika.

    Thanks for the volume!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww. Seeing this from Aya's POV is refreshing.

    Lolol. They both put each other in a very high pedestal right from the start. These two people should just get married already!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing surprising, Aya is a raging lesbian from the start, add a bit of awkwardness when approached her crush really make a refreshing character compare to standard story.
    The final sentence “ Because, our relationship that started with something physical, has changed into something deeper where our hearts are connected as one.” really does a wonderful job of summarizing this story.
    I really love this novel. It might not be the sweetest this ever, but their relationship developed into something that give both of them happiness that all it matter for me. Looking forward to the story of these dorks in the next volume.
    Thanks for all your hard work. I really grateful that your translation introduced me to another great yuri author. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I don't know how some people show their love but there are many different kinds of “love”

    Just like how some people think platonic love is pure of bullsh¡ts and hypocrisies, there are also some who think relationship based on mind game is incomprehensible.

    What's important in a relationship is to respect each other, and I haven't see a bit of Aya disrespecting Marika so far, so I'm kinda okay with this one.

     

    Sooooo…… are you going to put a break before translating volume 2? Because I'm curious about the theme for next volume. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My translating order is Arioto 1 → Watanare 1 → Arioto 2 → Watanare 2. I won't directly translate them so you guys can feel the pain of waiting the next volume haha:D jk

      Delete
    2. Hey, both are yuri genre and unfortunately(?) I got spoiled with Watanare thanks to my FB friend, so now I kinda interested to read it too hehehe

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This pairing kinda remind me of Miya X Risa from sono hanabira

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aya: "KEIKAKU DOORI DA"

    also, Aya when her plan was interfered by Astaloth by saying 'we're sex buddy' in front of Marika, and so on somehow after that incident, they made up at the certain GL's bar in front of the customers then giving them fanservice and Aya declared herself to not hide anything from Marika there then they got in the heat and about to do a passionate kiss but were warned by the owner to do it at the back and that was the first time of them for making out not at Aya's house...

    "mission failed successfully"


    this chapter POV explains a lot of things that in fact Aya's actually more ordinary than what I thought she was gonna be. The clumsiness, worrisome, honesty, low self-esteem. I mean if i paid more attention to the aftermath of that Astaloth incident I might notice it since then, it was all there after all



    thanks for the chapter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you soooooo much for this translation.aya is certified 100% Simp.also lucky her when her crush ended up falling for her.Really hope either one among english publishers will pick this up to licensed!!now that it already has a manga adaptation.would really love to have this in english paperback.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Started from the manga adaptations and now I'm here. Thanks for the translation! It was a nice straightforward story with not too many drama or having a inconclusive love story like the one's I have read.
    I got hooked from the synopsis and didn't really care about the morality of the whole thing, as people have raised questions from the comments, because it didn't seem like a realistic scenerio and I was in it for the "how the chad pretty & rich girl makes the protag straight" type of fun (& spice). But when the author started bringing in Aya's true feelings and intention during the honest talk at the bar, I was like "Oh crap, this is starting to get real" and that the love story actually had a realistic basis for it all to happen (Aya had feelings! Oh no!). Now the morality of the whole thing was being questioned in my mind, wondering if a relationship that started off from buying another and especially converting a straight girl will actually work when considering feelings of both parties? At this point I didn't care about the spice and was sweating bullets. Thankfully Marika was accepting of the whole situation (I didn't want to be angsty any longer regardless if it was unrealistic or not lol) and Aya didn't get her feelings hurt and that they both were willing to put their shenanigans aside as good intentions were there. Though I do prefer if there were more teasing in the stories though :')

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Onna Doushi to ka Arienai deshou to Iiharu Onna no ko wo, Hyakunichi kan de Tetteiteki ni Otosu Yuri no Ohanashi

Prologue