Chapter 4 (Part 1)

 

*****

I just finished my shift when the manager called me.

“Sakakibara, you did well today. Good work.”
“Eh, am I?”

It seems like today’s kitchen staff were having a bad day since they kept making mistakes with kitchen order. Thanks to that, the hall staff got a lot of complaints from the customers since we delivered the wrong orders.

Even though those mistakes were not our fault, it’s not like we can defend ourselves. But that’s part of my job, so I don’t really mind it and just did my best. With that motivation, I managed to finish my work for today.

When I think that Aya is doing her best, it makes me want to do everything I could. It acted as something like a personal motivation.

I’m fully aware that I’m a simple-minded person, but that’s okay. It geared up towards positive direction after all.


“Yeah, it makes me happy when you look very motivated like that.”

See, she praised me after all!


Our manager always has dark circles under her eyes. She’s a beauty with a dark atmosphere. Her semi-long hair reached her shoulders, it hides her ears that have a lot of piercings.  

I heard that she’s in a band and always had practice during her day off. One of my female co-workers that went to karaoke with the manager said that she has an awesome husky voice, she told me with a face full of excitement. Well, the manager does look cool.

In fact, I think her fans are mostly girls, I get a hunch that she’s an expert in treating women. I think it played an important part as to why this store is an easy place for women to work.

I couldn’t hide my satisfaction when she praised my work. It didn’t mean I’m happy because a beauty like her just praised me, it’s a simple joyousness when someone acknowledged my hard work!

Aya is doing her best to improve her relationship with others, so I also should do my best to work hard over here. It makes me want to tackle every problem ahead.


“Okay, just wait here for a bit. Here take this, and you put it in here.”

Manager handed me a name plate...Ooh, does this mean I graduated from trainee position?

“My hourly wage just increased!”
“How calculating.”

Manager smiled like an adult who’s watching her neighboring kids.

“But you’re right. Come to think of it, during the interview I thought that it would be okay if you can’t do your work since you’re cute, but you surpassed my expectations. Among the people I’ve hired before, your ability is in the top three, understand?”
“Ooh, really? So manager finally realized my real ability, huh~”
“Well then, even though you finished your training period, don’t get too conceited, okay? I warned you just in case, but if it’s Sakakibara I think that won’t happen, do your best and keep up the good work.”
“Thank you!”

I left the office and headed toward the changing room. 

I tried to not show anything and keep my composure, but I couldn't contain these cheeks of mine from forming a huge grin.

Fufu, fufufu...I’m doing great at my job, a capable woman…!

Huh, so I can really do everything if I want to...I never thought that I would find another potential in me aside from my studies!

Could it be that I’m a genius when it comes to serving customers? Should I aim to be a pretty cosmetic lady, or a manager at some specialty store……?

Fufu, fufufufufu. I opened the door with a smile plastered on my face.

“You look happy, Marika-chan. Did something good happen?”
“Oo, Sae-chan.”

I met Sae-chan inside the changing room. I patted her shoulders with a great mood.

“It’s okay, Sae-chan. You always do your best, I’m sure that someday everything will go well just like what you want.”

I saw her getting reprimanded from unreasonable customers a few times before, but she still works diligently. Seeing my comrade who works hard motivated me to also do my hardest.

“Eeh, really? Today was pretty busy and it was tiring. I hope something good will really happen soon.”
“Fufufu.”
“Ah, speaking of good things, I just graduated from being a trainee and had a raise in my hourly wage.”

I only manage to nod my head when I’m looking at Sae-chan who makes a cute smile with a peace sign. For information, she started her job three days after me.


...Could it be that you didn’t really mean that, manager?


“And so, why do you look so happy, Marika-chan?”
“Umm, I wonder.”
“Eeh, just tell me.”

Grin grin.

“W-well, who cares about those trivial stuff! Anyway! I’m looking forward for this Saturday!”

I took off my shirt and tried to change the topic.

I don’t really mind it, Sae-chan is older than me after all…

But, but...uuhhh…

No, let’s forget about Sae-chan for now. It won’t change the fact that I really did my best after all! That’s right, I really worked hard, let’s keep looking ahead!


While changing clothes, I pulled my smartphone and checked my notifications.

Messages from Aya, none. Well, she basically only messages me in the morning and before sleep. This is normal, just the usual stuff.

“Um, Marika-chan.”
“What is it?”

I moved my gaze from my smartphone to Sae-chan’s direction. She’s staring hard at me.



It was abrupt, like getting stabbed by someone’s word.

The impact feels like getting hit in a traffic accident, it’s not something that you can go through for the second time.

It makes me think.

Why me?

That’s why, the second Sae-chan finished her words, I can’t help but think of that.



“I like you, Marika-chan.”



I feel like it takes me around 20 minutes to react, but in reality, it only took me maybe around two seconds to respond.



“.....Eh?”



Ee...Eeehhh!?

Eeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhh!?



I considered answering her with, “As a friend?” but there must be another way to answer her sudden confession.

But she already knows that I’m cool with girls dating each other, so I can’t think of her confession as a simple joke.

Most importantly, did our atmosphere earlier is the right time to do some confessions?


That’s not it…! Eh! Like? Me!?


“Aa, aaah, uhhh...uuuhhhhh…..”


Sae-chan is looking down with a huge blush on her face. She’s waiting for my answer.

Should I answer her lightly, “I also like you! Yeaay!”? Nah, that’s a bit...So her like is...Like…?

Stop jumping to conclusions, let’s confirm things first!


“T-that is...in what meaning?”
“Ah, umm……….well……...as a girl…..in a romantic meaning……”

Two girls inside a cramped changing room with huge blush on their face. I feel like the temperature is increasing steadily, my back is soaked with sweat.

Seriously...this, this high-class lady is in love with me...So something like this does happen…

Even though I always think of her as a precious friend…



Uwaaah, she’s serious. So this is how it feels when you get a sudden confession from a friend, it’s refreshing. Huh this is not the time to feel something like that!

I frantically let my brain work. The inside of my head is a mess.

Like the opposite of the earlier situation, Sae-chan calmly smiled gently at me.

“...Ah, um...I’m sorry, that must be surprising...But I thought it’s better to let you know before our outing next Saturday…”
“Umm...since when?”

Really? That question? At this time? I retorted to my own question. But I really can’t think of anything!

Sae-chan continues to change her clothes while slowly answering my question.

“From the beginning. I started this job because of you.”


For real?


“I-I see..Eh, since the beginning? W-why?”

I know it’s weird to keep pushing her with my question like this, but I’m curious…!

Because your bright personality, or you are easy to talk with, or you look like a lively person and it’s kind of cute.  I already prepared a list inside my brain of stuff I often hear. But then, Sae-chan shook her head.

“I wonder why...I don’t know. But, I ended up liking you...it might be love at the first sight.”

At that moment, Shirahata Hinano’s words are echoing inside my head.

I’ve thought about this since before. Marika is, how should I put it. You have an atmosphere that invites people.

Is this what she meant?

Eh….? Eeehhhhhh……….?


Sae-chan finished changing and left me in the dust after she bowed her head slightly.

“I’m sorry for suddenly saying something like that...but if you’re okay with me, please go out with me. Ah, you don’t have to answer right now...Well then, I’m going ahead!”
“Ah, wa-”

I don’t have the chance to stop her.

“Eeehh…”

Rather than a traffic accident, this is a plain case of hit-and-run…

I’m still in the middle of changing so I’m practically half-naked right now. I’m not able to run after her in this appearance.


At that moment, my smartphone is buzzing.

Uh, it’s from Aya.

And her message is, [Did something happen?]. What is she? An esper?

I replied with, [Why?] and then her reply came quickly, [I wonder, just a hunch].

I covered my face with my palms and quickly typed [I just got confessed by a friend]...and...erase.

Somehow a scene where Sae-chan gets thrown by Aya’s aikido flashed inside my head! Nah that won't happen! But, what if!?

So I quickly typed again, [There is! I just finished my training period! Yay!]. Aya’s reply came again with a weird sticker to congratulate me. Oh, it’s the decorative plan series sticker.


Uuhhh…

“What should I do…”

I never thought that this would really happen…

So [get confessed by a friend] does happen in reality…




Once I arrived at home, I ate dinner and took a bath. I tried to study and do some preparation for tomorrow’s class but I can’t focus. While I’m trying to organize my thoughts, I peek at my phone and message from Sae-chan...there’s none.

I typed [I have a girlfriend, so I can’t accept your feelings], but she was brave enough to said it directly in front of me. If I reject her by message like this...it feels unfair somehow…


Haaaah. I let out a huge sigh and stood up from my desk. I arranged my aroma candle on my desk.

It’s the same type with the one I gave Aya. I turned off the lamp inside my room and lit the small candle. It has the rose scent and it’ll last around four hours.


Inside the dark room, I took a deep breath while staring at the swaying small flame.

I feel calmer than before. I don’t really care if it’s only some placebo effect, the important thing is, it works well to calm my mind.

I took my memo and opened it.

That’s right, we have the same shift for Friday...And after that, we’ll hang out together on Saturday.

It means I only have tomorrow to think this thoroughly.

I wonder if Sae-chan already planned this beforehand.


“...Why me.”


While looking at the candle, I’m sitting while hugging my knees inside the darkness.


Am I really that appealing in other women’s eyes. Huh, that’s very conceited of me. What if I’m not dating Aya, will I date Sae-chan? I can’t imagine it.


But I feel like Sae-chan’s feeling is different from Aya’s. I can’t really put it into words, but I understand that much.

I really need someone to talk about this. I already decided on an answer, but I still want someone to listen to me...But this is not something I can freely talk with others…




The next day, I spent a whole day with my head on the clouds. Chisaki and Yume are out of the picture, and Aya, I really can’t talk to her about this…

...There’s just one person.



After school, I headed toward a certain store and pushed the door with [Plante a feuillage] plate on it. Of course I properly changed into my casual clothes.


***


“Hello…”

The skies are still bright enough for afternoon at the beginning of October. I timidly opened the door and peeked inside the store.

I thought this kind of bar would operate once the night falls, but I found Karen-san inside and I sighed a breath of relief.

With a perfect smile, Karen-san welcomed me. I made a beeline toward my usual seat at the counter.


“Oh my, Marika-chan. Aya-chan doesn’t have a shift for today, you know?”
“I know and that’s why I come here. I have something I want to talk about with Karen-san.”
“Oh my, I’m happy to hear that. We are not in bed though, is it okay?”
“Over here is enough!”

She’s laughing. I understand that her sexual harassment-like statement is to cheer me up so I don’t really against it.

“Okay, so I must keep this a secret from Aya-chan, right? I think today won’t get too busy so you can tell me anything. If by any chance we get too busy, I’ll do something. It’s a request from cute Marika after all.”
“Thank you for your understanding...Umm, will you listen to me and not laugh?”
“Of course.”

This is embarrassing to say out loud.


“From Karen-san’s perspective, do I...look cute?”


Rather than laughing, Karen-san looks surprised.

But then, she smiled at me.

“Let’s see, I think you are very bright, and someone who’s out of reach. But you are cute. I bet I would like you if we were classmates.”


Like...that word sounds odd in my ears.


“...But why.”
“Nn, things we sought from our partners is basically…”

Karen-san put out her hand and showed me three fingers.

“Kindness, sincerity, and honesty. Someone who radiates positivity and fun to be with. Someone who is considerate with others, and willing to listen. Once we reached adulthood, the criteria might shift a bit, but let’s forget that for now. Marika-chan is someone who’s fun to talk with and has an amiable personality, that kind of balance is great.”

Karen-san let out a bitter smile.

“Of course, you look dissatisfied with my answer.”

As expected from Karen-san who has a good understanding of women’s heart (and body). She easily understands the murky feeling inside my chest.

I can’t really relate with what she said earlier after all. 


“I’m not really an honest person. I’m also not kind, and it’s not like I can be sincere with anyone, I have people I can’t get along with after all…”
“I see, so today’s Marika-chan is in her negative mode. That’s why you don’t want to see Aya-chan.”

She smiled bitterly at me again. Uuh. I’m aware that I’ve become bothersome when I’m entering this mode…

“Why is this version of me regularly showing up!?”
“It can’t be helped since you are a girl. It’s okay, this lady over here will accept every part of women.”
“Something like this might be something that Karen-san likes, but I really hate this part of me!”
“Oh my, you really said it. It’s okay, let out everything, I made this store for that purpose after all.”

Karen-san smiled while resting her palm on her cheek. Looking at her, it reminded me of a witch that sucked out other’s desires to keep her vitality…

At this rate I will get hesitant over the whole thing and it would bother me during my job. Let’s order Karen-san’s recommended cocktail to improve my mood.


At that moment, I finally told Karen-san the real reason I came here.

“Actually...my friend from my part-time job confessed to me.”
“Oh my, oh my.”

Karen-san skillfully poured the transparent cocktail from her shaker into the glass. She put the glass in front of me with that long finger of hers.

When I sip it, it tasted sweet combined with refreshing ginger. It suits my palate with the gentle flavor.

“Hope it’ll cheer you up.”
“This is good.”
“I’m glad to hear that. And then, what do you think of that girl?”

She cut the chase and asked me straight.

“She’s someone I get along with, also, she’s very kind and cute. But I have Aya right now.”

I feel bad for Sae-chan but I don’t have any intention to break up with Aya.

From the corner of my head, a certain blue-haired gyaru appeared and said, “From now on whether you choose to become an earnest one, or you choose to become a free-spirited bottom, it’s up on you.” What is she, a prophet? But of course, I’m an earnest person.


Ah, come to think of it.

“I have her picture, want to see it?”
“I want to!”

I remember that Karen-san claimed that she can distinguish people’s nature from their hands, so she might be able to read what kind of person Sae-chan is. I handed her my smartphone.

“Let’s see…”

When she looked at Sae-chan’s picture, she slowly wiped her drool.


Wait.


“Giving proper care and comfort toward a girl who just got rejected might be a perfect mission for this store’s owner…”
“Y-you can’t! Sae-chan is pure!”

Good grief, this person! She’s really a hopeless adult!

While I’m glaring at her, she looks surprised when she hears my complaints.

“Is she? Pure? This girl?”
“Eh?”
“Umm, no, forget it. I’m sorry, that was rude of me,”
“Eh, wait, why!? Now I’m getting curious! Please tell me!”
“Nn...this is not something that grand, but, Marika-chan.”
“Yes.”

I don’t know how far I should take her words since she only saw the pictures...but I’m staring at her with eyes full of expectations waiting for her next words.


Karen-san let out a small sigh, eh, is it really something that hard to say…?


“Haa, you can’t do that, Marika-chan. I’ll get excited if you keep pouring me that fiery gaze.”
“Don’t you fool around too much today!? Am I just a toy to appease your boredom while you’re waiting for customers!?”
“I’m not doing this out of boredom, I’m serious.”
“That’s even worse!”

This place really feels like a place where Aya does her part-time job...the resemblance…

Karen-san slowly mumbled, “I see, so this is the famous temptress bottom Marika-chan...I’m looking forward to her growth…” What are you, a demon instructor from a battle manga?


“Well, jokes aside.”
“...Yeah.”

This time I make sure to not look at Karen-san’s eyes while nodding. I’m aware that I’m being rude.

“I think this Sae-chan had a horrible heart-break before, her heart is deeply wounded.”
“I-is it true!?”
“Yeah.”

Karen-san spoke softly after a short moment.

“And then, umm, this might make things more unpleasant, but I get a feeling that her current condition is very unhealthy, it bothers me. Hmm, but, that might be why she sees you as her ray of light.”
“Me…”

I see, a heart-break...Considering she took a job when she’s in her third year, she might want to have a change of pace…

After I heard it, my chest felt heavier than before.

“Oh my, I’m sorry. I said something uncalled for.”
“No, this isn’t your fault.”

I timidly shook my head. I feel bad for her even though I’m the one who asked her to tell me. I might be bad at having someone listen to my problem, even though I’m used to the opposite situation…

I tried to think about this thoroughly. If it’s Aya, I wonder what she would do.


“This isn’t surprising, you are a good girl after all. If it’s Aya-chan, I bet she would turn them down without any second thought or consideration.”

Since I was thinking of Aya, Karen-san’s remarks made me laugh.

“Aah, that sounds fitting. She would directly say something like [Impossible].”
“Sounds like her!”

We laughed together. But then, I can’t shake off this uncomfortable feeling and let out a sigh again.

I’m not Aya after all.

I really want to settle this problem quickly!

“I thought about this before...but Aya is...why is she so earnest in facing everything that stands on her way...Her mentality is too strong...Haa, seeing that side of her is very discouraging~~~! Karen-san, a strong sake, please!”

“I heard that before. But my answer is still no, but in exchange, how about let this lady comfort you?”
“No...it’s okay.”

I made her laugh.

Huh, could it be that I was bragging about Aya all along? How embarrassing.


“But, you see, it’s not like Aya-chan is able to do everything since the beginning. She made a lot of mistakes in the past before she became the current Aya-chan.”
“Eh, I’m curious!”

Of course it doesn’t have to be detailed! I pestered Karen-san with my pleading.

Karen-san looks hesitant, but then, she accepts my request, “Just a bit, okay?”


“The first time she came to this store, it was during her third year in middle school. One of my acquaintances brought her here, she was very young. When I looked at her, I couldn't help but wonder if this girl is okay.”
“Eh…”

That’s surprising.

The first time I met her during our first-year, she already looked very mature compared with her surroundings.

“Back then, she looks very lost, and that’s why I tried to talk to her. My first impression of her is she must’ve suffered a lot and I can’t leave her like that. While we talked, she suddenly asked me to hire her. I hesitated, she was too young after all.”

Karen-san wiped the glass and gazed at the light that reflected on its surface.

“And then I said, if you still feel like you’re lost when you enter high-school, come again. That day she went home obediently after I promised her that. After that she would come sometimes, and after she enrolled in high-school, she still wanted to work here. So I hired her just like what I promised, but the trouble didn’t stop here.”

While reminiscing about the past, Karen-san let out a difficult expression. It’s the face of a big sister who tried to introduce a good for nothing boyfriend to her family.

“She was a newbie without any experience in the service industry, of course it was tough to serve in a store like this on her first job. She already offended a few customers on her first day she worked here. Our customers are lenient with cute faces, but still, I can’t help but worried.”
“I really can’t imagine it…”
“She was really bad at serving customers. Back then, she would instantly twist the customers’ arms when they touched her while saying, “I’ll sue you.” I was really bewildered back then...Of course, what she did might be the right thing in some situations, but I really wanted her to keep it civil.”

Hiiee...sounds like Aya.


“People who came here already faced a lot of hardships in their life. That’s why I want the customers to feel safe and able to be their true self when they are inside this store. And so, I gave Aya a lot of special tasks if she wants to stay working here.”

Like a teacher, she showed me her index finger.

“She should introduce herself to the customers. Depending on the situation, she could do her self-introduction up to 30 times.”
“Self-introduction? Why did you ask her to do that?”

Finally Karen-san put up a smile again on her face.

“I thought that Aya-chan isn’t someone who’s capable of engaging with our customers in a short time, she’s very tactless after all. That’s why, I tried to make our customers understand Aya’s personality. People who came here already had a lot of experiences of failure and regret after all. So I figured that our customers could be someone who watches over her, someone like big sisters for Aya-chan.”

Karen-san took a deep breath and straightened her back.

“[My name is Aya. High-school first year. Yesterday we had a moving class but since I don’t know where to go I kept walking around inside the school building. This is my first time serving customers and it makes me nervous, but please bear with me.] It was short, but she kept doing the different self-introductions everyday. After a while, everyone is able to treat her kindly. Now if I think about it, everyone is just very lenient with young girls, pretty people sure had it easy.”

I agreed with her and laughed along Karen-san.

“But you see, even though she’s tactless, she still tried to do her best, and that’s why our customers were able to accept her. Also, whenever I asked her to wipe the glasses, she wouldn't stop doing it until I told her to. She wouldn’t respond to someone who tried to talk with her since she was focusing on wiping the glass. In fact, Aya-chan might be aware of her own personality, and that’s why she took baby steps to overcome her weakness.”

Karen-san rested her chin on her hand while smiling dearly.

...Considering her usual tenacity, it does sound like Aya.


“When she grasped how to do one thing, she would quickly change gear and headed to her next challenge. She kept repeating that cycle and finally she reached this point. She can keep her composure and treat our customers respectfully. She already has a lot of people who would willingly lend their hand to support her from doctors, lawyers, detectives, or even actresses.”

Aya is really amazing after all.

I feel happy for her.

Ah, I see. So that’s why she started by greeting everyone in our class. She tried to let everyone know about her.

She didn’t really need my advice from the beginning.


“At some point she became capable enough to do everything. Well, of course I’m better at making cocktails, but I’m sure that someday she can surpass me. When that time comes, I will let Aya-chan handle everything so I can fool around with the customers.”

Finally I can recognize the Aya from Karen-san’s story. an expressionless, and very obstinate person.

“...I wonder why she was trying that hard.”

In the end, I’ll always wonder about that side of her. Why is she able to face everything head on?

There’s a saying, [The power to keep doing your best is also a talent], but to be frank I don’t really like that phrase. Because it’s like they justified people who didn’t do their best.
(TL Note: This might be hard to perceive, but what Marika means is since ‘doing your best’ is a talent, people who don’t do their best is justified since it’s not part of their talent.)


Karen-san picked my empty glass and replaced it with the second cocktail. This time, it’s a peach-colored drink with a whiff of lemon.

“Let’s see...maybe she always did her best so she wouldn’t have any regrets. For example, when she lets something precious be taken from her hand.”
“Which means…?”
“I wonder. But I think you already get the gist of it, right?”

She winked at me while casually giving me a hint. I tried to let my head work.


I should be able to solve this one, since this is about Aya. 

Aah, one thing suddenly afloat inside my head.


Could it be that it’s related with that incident during her middle-school years? That one when her senior from the tennis club attacked her with a scissor. 

Her act back then was right since she just tried to defend herself. But she might regret everything after she did it. 


If it’s Aya, I’m sure that she has a lot of friends during her middle-school, but up until now I never saw her interact with them...So she was really wounded by that accident.

She decided to not engage with anyone and spent her days alone for a whole year.


“And so, Aya is…”

She was determined to never have any regrets again.

 That’s why she’s willing to go through any hardships.

Come to think of it, back then when she bought me for one million yen, she did it out of nowhere. That was definitely part of her determination.

Even though everything would fall apart once it went wrong, she pulled her courage to confront me.


Even during our double date with Yume and Chisaki, she really took everything seriously. Her attitude didn’t show that she’s underestimating the whole thing. Rather, she really did everything she could, so she won’t regret anything.


Finally, I can understand her determination and how hard she struggled all these time.


Just like solving the last piece of a puzzle, I feel like my eyes are opened into a whole new perspective.

Everything she did is not something that happened by miracle. Instead, she created miracles by doing everything step by step, as a normal girl.

When I put everything together, right now I can’t help but think of her as someone dear.

Aya who I like is someone who went through a lot and did her best to overcome it. 


“Now if I calmly think about it, the perfect Aya won’t ever accepted your invitation to had a threesome with Asta,”
“That’s true. She’s that kind of girl.”

We laughed again, and then Karen-san smiled gently at me.

“This might sound heavy, but right now, I think you are the one she wants to cherish, she doesn’t want to have any regrets when it comes to you.”
“Me…”
“Yeah, you understand, right?”

I nodded at Karen-san, I understand it well.

“Yes, thank you for reminding me.”

Everything she did is for my sake. She said it by herself. If I’m being humble and reject that idea, I feel like I didn’t look at her properly.

Everything she did.


“But I don’t think of it as something heavy. Because when it comes to Aya, I also have the same thoughts. I will do my best if it’s for her sake!”

If she loves me that much, then I can’t just slack off and get satisfied by receiving her feelings. Of course I also need to go all out to make her keep fixated to me.

That’s right, I can’t slack off.

I can’t think too much and do nothing.


“At first I thought I can’t frankly reject Sae-chan, but after I listened to your stories, somehow I kind of understand. For now, I should do what I think the best!”


The way so I won’t hurt Sae-chan, and also the way so it won’t hurt me. I should handle this skillfully...I know that I can’t beat Aya when it comes to stuff like this, that’s why.

I stood up from my seat.

I looked at my smartphone, it’s still 6 p.m. I still can make it. I won’t wait until tomorrow, I will face Sae-chan right now.

And then I will say it, that I can’t go out with her.

Because I have someone I like.


“I really like that straightforward side of you, Marika-chan. I didn’t say this as a store’s manager to her customer, I said it because I really think that you are lovely. That’s why I’m rooting for you. I’ll always welcome you when you need me to talk about anything. It’s really an honor to get chosen by you as someone you can talk about your problems.”
“That’s my line, I’m very grateful for today.”

I paid the bill and left the store. 

The manager from my place is a good person, but Aya’s manager is really something. That’s why deep down I think that it would be okay if I let her sleep with me just once.

I won’t cheat though.

Because I’m Aya’s.




Wait for me, Sae-chan.

I will properly face you head on!


*****


Translator's Notes:
I forgot to said it but the manga is currently serialized in MangaUP! by SquareEnix. You probably can access them from the application!

For more detailed info about the novel click here

Comments

  1. Now I got confused, in the end if he had the trip with Karen and Asta?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aya? Yeah she did. This might be lost in translation things but their convo implied that 'the current Aya' will never agreed on having relationship like that with Karen and Asta, because she already changed from 'the past Aya' who had physical relationship with Karen and Asta.

      Delete
    2. Hmm..I think that because of the manager's kindness she thought that maybe it would be okay if she let her sleep with her though she would never do it since she have Aya and she would never cheats..Also, I don't think it will happen though since she already have Aya and Aya is already a change person who would not allow it..She just think like that because of the managers kindness especially when she is listening to her and giving her advice..

      Delete
  2. Really nice chapter, we get to know a lot more about Aya. Looking forward to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "From the beginning. I started this job because of you.” Sae is giving me bad vibes eversince they introduce her as the Good Girl and when she is doing shady things like mumbling Liar before..What if this girl is secretly a stalker..😨 Also a favor for OP, incase we got a R-18 and it's foursome on future chapters or volume (whether it's about our 2 protagonists or about different characters) please indicate a warning sign so I can fully skip that chapter and pretend that it didn't exist since I extremely hate it..😅

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not the author but I assure you that the probaility of this series heading into that direction is close to zero.

      Delete
  4. So far, Sae is probably the girl who attacked Aya at school. I feel it, something tells me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope the next chapter won't be a war...

    thanks for the translation!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank yooouuu for the chapter!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will you mind translating Maretsumi, its author is also Mikami Teren.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read Maretsumi, it was a good read but not interesting enough to make me want to working on it, sorry.

      Delete
  8. Does anyone know when the second part of chapter 4 will be released?

    ReplyDelete
  9. when is the release of next chapter?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wondering if we will still get part 2..🤔

    ReplyDelete
  11. Does anyone know if the author is on vacation? I say not to check every hour to see if it was updated

    ReplyDelete
  12. Got a feeling that sae chan is the senior who attacked aya back then.*_*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Translator of meatbun can I marry you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am fan of yours HAHAHA

      Delete
    2. I think I'm inlove with you though

      Delete
    3. Whoa it's been a while since I check this blog and suddenly a confession. I'm extremely flattered, but I'm married with a lovely woman named Konoe Kanata and I'm not a fan of polygamous relationship.
      Thank you for the words though!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Onna Doushi to ka Arienai deshou to Iiharu Onna no ko wo, Hyakunichi kan de Tetteiteki ni Otosu Yuri no Ohanashi

Prologue